Tuesday, May 14, 2013

An Amazing Experience from An Awesome Lecture



Hi everyone!


It is very nice to stop here again to write another blog post about one of the amazing experiences I've ever had in my life on 8th of May, 2013. Incredibly, I was lucky enough to take part my first ever live webinar experience. Even though you people may have had such experience, it was totally new experience to me as I have been experiencing traditional and conventional face to face lectures and seminars so far.


I am proudly say that I am glad to have taken part such a wonderful web based lecturing experience as it has become one of the major trends across the world.

In my perspective, a live webinar is the way of doing lectures, seminar or conferences over the internet with the interaction of people living in different locations together at a given time.


My very first web based lecture was about Search Engine Optimization, conducted by Mr. Suranga from Sydney, Australia. Mr. Suranga’s vast knowledge and personal experience helped me for being in the season from the start to the end in an enthusiastic way.


In his presentation, I felt more comfortable as I could see the slides and the presenter at the same time at the same screen. It was very much helpful to keep the attention of the audience as well. This simply proved that time difference or location distance does not matter to conduct meaningful lectures or seminars.


The most prominent factor here is no physical appearance of the participants or materials should be needed. The only factor here concerns is, the particular person has the ability to access the internet with the appropriate software. Therefore it is not only cost effective knowledge sharing experience but also it is more time saving domain as well.  


Further I do believe that this is one of the great ways of conducting lectures under the subject of digital marketing as this elaborates the digital practices in modern technology rather than just giving traditional slide notes in the classroom. As students, it would be very much helpful to us to get the practical exposure of the subject as well.


I think one of the great things of live webinar is participants can share their thoughts and ideas and raise questions related to the topic. As long as people are not physically appeared with each other, they feel more comfortable to make their views and which helps to have an interesting and meaningful season at last.


So as in this lecture, we were given the opportunity to raise questions on the topic through the Facebook fan page and then answers were given at the same time verbally in descriptive manner. I was really amazed what I've earned from this lecture. Moreover I personally believe that this type of lectures and seminars are very effective and fruitful since most of young crowd nowadays significantly involve in the internet.


Last but not the least; I would like to deeply appreciate the countless support given by the Department of Marketing Management as a driving force. It has been a pleasure and an honour to be a member of this department. I would also be very much obliged to Mr. Amitha for giving this golden opportunity to us. Finally my special thanks should go to Mr. Suranga for sharing his vast knowledge and experience by sacrificing his precious time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment